Art Festival was good!

This past weekend I spent warming a chair with my butt, talking with oodles of good folks and digging the scene. The art fair went well for its first annual, and the Art Around Town people should pat themselves on the back for a job well done. There was only about twelve or so booths, but the talent they contained was aplenty. Leather art, woodburning art, great photography, jewelry, paintings and music. I don't think I saw anyone in a bad mood. I myself sold about five or six paintings; I can understand why folks weren't unleashing their folding money too easily these days. I myself made the stands which held my paintings with clothes hangers from around the house, borrowed the table, and was lucky enough to have been given access to a tent (or I would have been a little damp on Saturday morning). So it was good. Here's a picture of my inventory from Friday night:



This is of a girl from Texas. She's one of my Flickr contacts:



Albert Einstein: My buddy Suchan showed up on Sunday and purchased this one:



Dirty Harry. Yeah, I know stencilists the world abroad have seen this one done before, but I like it just the same:



This one prompted many a conversation over the weekend. Folks wanted to know who it is. Quite a few thought it was Clapton, but actually its Barry Ryan. He is an obscure sixties British pop star. I found his stuff on Youtube and it grew on me. He has since given up on being a pop star and is a photographer with some very cool work.



Blue girl on bike. My friend Michelle's husband bought this one. He's into bikes. Good man. He is the illustrated man, all tattoo'd up.



I did a couple honoring one of my favorite movies while simultaneously honoring one of my favorite books.





And of course, we mustn't forget Jack.



This was the first to sell, bought by a nice lady who I accidentally called Sir because I was talking to someone else and not paying attention. My apologies, nice lady. Won't happen again.



Our President of the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment